Mga Kabuuang Pageview

Miyerkules, Enero 29, 2014

What I WORE: “Classic Vs. Trendy”

               Ever since my college days – dressing up has been a big part of who I am.. and discovering one’s own unique style definitely takes time. The big challenge for me back then was availability of “funds” –and im sure most students could relate to this. Well back then I would always invest on a good pair of “DENIM JEANS” (P400 from Bench if its on sale) and a couple of plain black and white shirts – then I’d usually go to “Vintage Shops” or what we call “Ukay-Ukay” to find amazingly cheap “Jackets”. I just usually work on the styling to make it my own. Lastly the biggest challenge for me back then was buying  “SHOES”—there wasn’t enough (cheap) brands to choose from back then since my shoe size was size 11 already back in college. I was just thankful that I had relatives in the U.S who were kind enough to send me pairs of shoes at least once or twice a year.





So my point is that it took me awhile to build my closet - It all started with looking for basic pieces with the right fit.. and then after that’s the time when you should buy “TREND”y stuff so you could easily mix and match all your basics with the trendy ones -- Since “TRENDS” are usually “FADS” or “CRAZE”; things that won’t last that long because they are only popular for a short period of time (not good investments)
Anyways here’s what I wore that I’d like to share with y’all –I started this look with The classics / basic ones like the Brown Jacket that I got on SALE (Penshoppe) and plain dark blue trousers (from Bangkok)and of course my plastic eyewear that I brought from a TIANGGE. All of these are pretty much basics which could be worn a thousand times with a whole kind of looks –all with GOOD quality and they are crazy AFFORDABLE.
Then let’s talk about the “TREND” – starts with this micro printed long sleeved top (from BANGKOK) –looks pretty basic but the micro prints make it such a fad. Then these brown boots (also from Bangkok) that I accessorized with these printed socks (from OXYGEN) to create that edgy vibe to my usual preppy look.
So my challenge to you guys is to invest on basic items (which shouldn’t be expensive)-so that you have a working closet which has pieces that you could mix and match for the years to come. Just make sure that you get the right fit and quality and Im sure that you’re on your way to the STYLISH person that you could be.

Special Thanks to my little sister Lovely Faundo for taking these shots on the amazing Manila Film Center.

Have fun reading and dressing up STALKERS!

                

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento